Project architect with passive house experience
Our firm is dedicated to creating progressive architecture ingrained in leed, passive house, and living building challenge principles.
We are currently seeking a full-time project architect with passive house experience. This is a great opportunity for an architect who wants to merge high design with the technically demanding guidelines of passive house. The location of our current office is ideal for a candidate who wants to balance life between fast-paced nyc and the scenic hudson valley.
The candidate must have:
• A professional degree in architecture
• Architectural detailing and technical skills
• Passive house design experience
• Phpp or wufi passive experience a plus
• Min. Of 3 years of experience in producing bim-based cd’s
• Strong sense of environmental responsibility
• Excellent design portfolio
• Sharp communication skills
• High proficiency in revit 2014, sketchup, rhino 4 or higher, autocad 2014, adobe indesign, photoshop, illustrator, bluebeam cad, and ms office 2012 (grasshopper a plus)
• Great leadership qualities & project coordination skills
Duties: Taking various building types from concept design through construction, exploring new technology in architecture, coordinating consultants and project staff, designing, detailing, drafting, creating presentation materials, researching products, communicating with vendors, coordinating contract documents, visiting construction sites without assistance, attending meetings, etc.
The candidate must be professional, proactive, efficient, resourceful, self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, disciplined, and “tech saavy”.
Benefits: Paid vacation, personal days, sick-leave, holidays, health insurance stipend, financial assistance with architectural license and passive house certification exam expenses, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Other benefits: Work closely with the principals, positive working atmosphere with healthy reasonable working hours; engage with progressive, forward-thinking, environmentally responsible staff.
*Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to [email protected]
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications